Common Core Mathematics
Common Core mathematics is a way to approach teaching so that students develop a mathematical mindset and see math in the world around them. District 75 teachers concentrate on the development of eight mathematical practices as they teach each concept. These practices include:
For More Information
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
For more information about the district's mathematics education program, please contact District 75 at (847) 949-2700.