The employee is eligible for health insurance on the first day of employment; however, he/she must be enrolled in the plan of choice no later than 30 days after the 1st day of employment.
- PPO Plan – A PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) plan is based on an insurance company contracting rates with a network of participating medical personnel and facilities to provide maximum benefits for a lower cost. You can still choose any doctor; however, the deductible and cost for care is less when choosing “in network” physicians and hospitals.
- HMO Plan - The HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) plan is the most restrictive and least expensive plan offered. A primary care physician within the plan must be chosen to coordinate all health care provided. Referrals to see specialists must be obtained from the primary care physician. An employee must strictly comply with the rules of the plan in order to obtain benefits.
- Click here for additional information from Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Click here for additional information from Medco.
- Click here for additional information from Prime Therapeutics.
- Click here for additional information from VSP.