In Kindergarten through 5th Grade, District 75 uses Bridges in Mathematics, 2nd Edition, as the core curricular resource. Bridges aligns to the Common Core mathematics, as well as the NCTM's best practices of instruction. Underpinning the entire K-8 Program is a concentration on the development of eight mathematical practices. These practices include:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Curriculum Unit Overviews:
Middle School Mathematics:
In grades 6th through 8th, District 75 uses a combination of resources including Discovery Education's Math Techbook and Big Ideas Algebra & Geometry. Both resources align to the Common Core mathematics, as well as the NCTM's best practices of instruction. In addition, students in these courses have access to digital resources aligned to our curriculum.
Middle School Math Overviews: